Terms & Conditions
If you do not accept these terms and conditions you may not register for this service. Columinate (Pty) Ltd (“Columinate”) reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time by submitting amendments online. Columinate will notify you of any changes to these terms and conditions via email.
Continued use of this service after such amendments to the terms and conditions will constitute an acceptance of the submitted amendments.
Columinate (Pty) Ltd reserve the right to discontinue this service at any time without notice.
Material shall not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way.
- To keep you informed and obtain your views of products, services, and activities;
- To create a database of individuals willing to take part in research and surveys;
- To evaluate which individuals registered with the SwitchedOn Panel should be approached in respect of surveys being conducted;
- To provide you with information about benefits given to you by the SwitchedOn Panel as a result of you responding to survey requests;
- To process the answers to surveys and summarising the results;
- To undertake research surveys;
- To provide you with information relating to any benefit provided to you by Columinate in response to your answer to a survey request;
- In the administration of your SwitchedOn Panel membership;
- Statutory and regulatory compliance;
- To contact you by email to invite you to take part in surveys and when permitted by you.
You warrant that you will only register with the SwitchedOn Panel once
You understand that the establishment or maintenance of one (1) account with a panel is permitted.
Your account should at all times have a unique and valid email address and password.
You warrant that if you are a DStv or GOtv subscriber, that your personal and survey data may be shared with MultiChoice.
The SwitchedOn Panel reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to this site and/or log-in details at its sole discretion and without notice.
Only citizens of Angola, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, and Zambia qualify to become members of the SwitchedOn Research Community, and in so doing, complete profile surveys, research surveys, or participate in Marketing Research Online Community (MROC) activities.
Your entry into the SwitchedOn Research Community and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize in a random draw) constitutes your binding acceptance of these terms and conditions. All SwitchedOn Community Members agree to be bound by the terms and conditions which will be interpreted by the Switched Community Management Team, or its appointed agents in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion.
It is a SwitchedOn Community Member’s responsibility to ensure that any information which they provide to SwitchedOn via the registration survey, profile surveys, research surveys, MROCs and other direct or indirect community engagements is accurate, complete, and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with the SwitchedOn Research Community, or any of SwitchedOn’s surveys or random draws, prove to be invalid, inaccurate, false, or misleading, the SwitchedOn Community Member’s entry shall be disregarded and they shall be prohibited from participating in any further SwitchedOn activities and random draws.
- Community members who fully complete the registration survey qualify to be entered into the monthly random draw, and qualify to complete profile surveys, research surveys, and MROCs.
- For every profile survey completed during a particular month, SwitchedOn Community Members will receive one (1) additional entry into the random draw for the specified calendar month: e.g. should a community member complete 2 profile surveys during a calendar month, they will receive 2 additional entries into the random draw for the specified calendar month.
- Prospective community members will qualify for the SwitchedOn Research Community based on successful completion of the registration survey and provided their usage profile meets the criteria for the SwitchedOn Research Community.
- A SwitchedOn Community Member may then be invited to complete profile surveys, research surveys, and/or participate in MROCs, if selected in the community sample for a specific survey/activity.
- A SwitchedOn Community Member will then be required to accurately complete the research survey/MROC activities shared with them
- All SwitchedOn Community Members who have successfully completed the research survey and/or more than 90% of the activities in the MROC, will automatically be entered into the random draw related to the completed research survey/MROC.
- The random draw for research survey and/or MROC participation will take place two (2) weeks following the conclusion of the specified research survey and/or MROC.
The following SwitchedOn Community Members do not qualify to win a prize in any of the aforementioned random draws:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in above.
All winners are obliged to sign and provide all documents as may be required by the SwitchedOn Community Management team in order for them to claim the prize. Any failure to claim the prize or refusal or inability to comply with the above will disqualify the winner and a new winner may be selected.
The SwitchedOn Community Management Team will try to contact the winner on the telephone number or e-mail address used to join the SwitchedOn community. If, however, the winner cannot be reached after five (5) attempts have been made during business hours within a period of eighty (80) business hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner may be selected.
Prizes are not transferable
If you use a mobile phone for participating in SwitchedOn Community surveys and activities, the telephone calls / text messages / data you make/use will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. “Free” minutes under a cellphone contract may not apply.
SwitchedOn and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to engage with, or obtain any materials related to, the SwitchedOn Research Community
Without limitation, SwitchedOn and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems
SwitchedOn does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that:
- your registration or participation in the SwitchedOn Research Community will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe, or reliable.
SwitchedOn and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for SwitchedOn to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
The SwitchedOn Community Management Team reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who is in breach of the terms and conditions. Failure by the SwitchedOn Community Management Team to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The SwitchedOn Community Management Team’s decision regarding all matters relating to the random draws will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
The SwitchedOn Community Management Team shall have the right to cancel or postpone the random draws or any part thereof should they be unable to continue with such random draws for reasons beyond its control.
By participating in the random draws, all entrants and winners agree to indemnify Columinate (PTY) Ltd. and its associated company employees, directors, members, partners, clients, agents, suppliers and/or consultants against any costs, damages, liability, penalties and/or claims of any nature whatsoever arising in relation to their participation of the random draws.
SwitchedOn is governed by local law and custom in the markets in which we operate – the random draws shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of South Africa.